How often should I wash my dog with tick and flea treatment shampoo?
Tick and flea control shampoos are designed to treat infestations, rather than as a preventative measure, so you should only need to wash your dog with flea shampoo when it has parasites.
Aristopet tick and flea shampoo is gentle on your dog’s skin with a pleasant aroma, unlike some harsher tick and flea shampoos. We recommend washing your dog with tick and flea shampoo once or twice a week until their flea or tick infestation is under control. With proper ongoing use of topical flea and tick treatments your pet should stay parasite-free.
How do I use tick and flea shampoo for dogs?
- Tick and flea shampoo is effective in treating and removing fleas from your dog’s coat. To use a tick and flea treatment shampoo simply follow the steps below.
- Thoroughly wet your dog’s coat with warm water and apply 10 – 20mL of tick and flea shampoo directly onto its fur. Work the shampoo into a lather and gently massage it through its coat until it is completely covered. Take care around your pet’s sensitive eye area.
- Leave the lather on your dog for 5 minutes before thoroughly rinsing off the tick and flea shampoo treatment with fresh warm water. Thoroughly dry your pet with a clean towel.
- If your dog has any ticks on them after you've washed and dried them, apply a small dab of undiluted tick and flea shampoo directly onto any parasites on their skin. This will kill the tick and won’t have any negative effect on your dog.
- Repeat this treatment as needed until the infestation is under control. Follow up with a topical flea and tick treatment and treat your pet’s living area with flea powder for additional protection.
Which is better, tick and flea control shampoo or topical tick and flea treatments?
Both shampoo and topical tick and flea treatments are effective ways of controlling ticks and fleas on your dog. Tick and flea shampoo kills and removes any ticks or fleas which are present on your pet’s fur, while a topical tick and flea treatment will prevent ticks and fleas from infesting your dog.
For the best results, we recommend shampooing your dog with a tick and flea treatment shampoo and then applying a topical tick and flea treatment afterwards. We also recommend using Aristopet Animal Health Flea Powder to treat your dog’s bedding, kennel and living areas to prevent reinfestation.
Browse our range of effective Australian-made tick and flea shampoo for dogs and find a retailer near you